My guest today is the marvelous Mia Bonnadonna, Animal Behavioral Consultant and Trainer. We are taking a deeper look at animal behavioral training, animal death doulas and the reality of animal rescue. We will break down truths for the dogs, the cats, the rescue workers and adoptive families. We will also shed light on the role of an animal death doula and how much support you and your animal can receive through that difficult transition.
We are taking a deeper look at animal behavioral training, animal death doulas and the reality of animal rescue. We will break down the truths for the dogs, the cats, the rescue workers and adoptive families. We will talk about the many moving puzzle pieces that go into rescue work and about ways to increase awareness and support through adoption transitions for everyone involved. With the growing awareness of humane animal behavioral training, we will break down what to look for when seeking out a qualified trainer and my guest will shed some light on long used techniques that may be outdated and fear-based. And finally we will shed light on the role of animal death doula. We will look at how much support you and your animal can receive through that difficult time.
- Success of the foster-based, all-breed, no-kill animal rescue model
- Increasing success with the addition of humane dog behaviorists and trainers
- There are many ways to get involved in animal rescue
- Animal welfare fatigue – the dangerous impact of upsetting social media posts
- The role of animal death doulas
- The Big Sky Workshop – a beautiful workshop to become an animal death doula
- “Every good moment is everything to them.” The impact of changing one animal’s entire life
- Behavioral euthanasia – the pain, the support, the way to honor them
- Special needs pets need extra supportive environments
- Survivors guilt from the loss of a pet
- Fire inhumane trainers – signs to look for if the person you hired does not know or adhere to the science of humane animal training.
- Who would your dream guest be and why?
- Mia Bonnadonna
- Ute Luppertz
- Behavioral Euthanasia Empathy Project
- Patrick Stewart on Twitter
- One Love Cellars
- Groundbreaker Brewery
- The Raw and Wild Hearts Podcast
Music by ate21